USA READERS/FANS: AMAZON.COM
CANADIAN READERS/FANS: AMAZON.CA
- Although little is known, Gran Turismo HD looks to once again set the standard for sim racing games
- HD resolution delivers lifelike trees, spectators, surfaces and more
- Choose from a wide selection of cars and superbikes
- Slated for release in 2007, Sony has released very few details about Gran Turismo HD
- Built for the PS3, the game runs for the first time in 1920×1080 progressive scan mode for ultra-realistic gameplay
- AMAZON PRICE FOR .COM & .CA – $39.99 USD/CDN
“Prologue” is defined as an introductory or preceding event or development, and true to every letter, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue treats both long-time fans of the Gran Turismo franchise as well as those coming to it new, with a generous sampling of what they can expect to see in Gran Turismo 5 later in the year and further releases on the PS3.
Developed By the Best
Polyphony Digital is the developer of the Gran Turismo franchise, led by creator Kazunori Yamauchi. Polyphony Digital is known for pushing the limits of the PlayStation hardware, and with its realistic graphics and physics, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue is no different. In addition to receiving CAD data from the auto manufacturers, they have taken thousands of photos to model each car (and track). As an example of the level of detail, a car in Gran Turismo 4 has the same number of polygons as a headlight in Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.
Polyphony works even closer with the automotive industry to make sure that the cars look and drive just as they do in real life. In fact, Kazunori Yamauchi designed the on-board computer for the real Nissan GT-R. If you’re lucky to buy one when it releases, you will notice the Polyphony Digital logo when you start your car.
Take Your Cars and Tracks Online and Off
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue features over 40 stunning cars – including vehicles by Lotus, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Ferrari for you to race on seriously realistic, real-life tracks: including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – all rendered in incredible High Definition graphics. There’s also all-new driving physics for the most lifelike driving experience ever and new, improved opponent artificial intelligence for the toughest race challenge yet.
But that’s not all – for the first time ever in the history of Gran Turismo, players will now be able to race online. Up to 16 players will be able to go head-to-head on some of the world’s best racetracks on PLAYSTATION Network. All you need to get racing is a broadband connection and PS3. Once you’re up and revving, Global Online Rankings and the My Garage homepage feature will leave the world in no doubt as to just who is the best at Gran Turismo.
And then there’s the Online Dealership, providing a wealth of information on cars and manufacturers and also Gran Turismo TV – a dedicated online channel available exclusively from PSN and packed with some of the greatest content that Motorsport, car manufacturers and TV has to offer.
- The first ever Gran Turismo title with online racing: drive online against up to 16 other Gran Turismo aces.
- Race a total of over 40 stunning, high-performance cars.
- Race on seriously realistic, real life tracks including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – then race them in reverse and with alternative routes.
- All-new physics engine means true next-generation vehicle handling.
- All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting race experience.
- Access to Gran Turismo TV : a world of great motoring TV programming online.
- Online Dealership: Access to car manufacturers online.
- My Garage – a personalized homepage feature with friends, chat and personal game records.
- Quick Tune facility allows you to adjust power, tires, suspension and more.
- All in stunning High Definition at 1080p (race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps).
Post a Comment