Folks, I’ve updated my hackintosh.
I’m happy to announce that I’m finally moving into the Quad processor world with an i5 processor, 2500K to be exact. Below you’ll find a component list for the easiest hackintosh build I’ve seen! Most of the items on the list below is exactly what I have. Hover your mouse over each component for a description and price!
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Processor
- MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Intel Z68 Micro ATX LGA 1155 Motherboard (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
- HARD DRIVE: Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM – WD1002FAEX
- CASE: Thermaltake Lanbox Lite VF6000BWS MicroATX/ITX Gaming Cube PC Case (Black) or MI-008 Tower Black P4 Chassis with 250W Itx Psu+sata Power Supply
- CD/DVD-R DRIVE: Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive (Black) or LG Electronics 22X SATA Super Multi DVD+/-RW Internal Drive GH22NS90B (Black) – Bulk without Software
- BLUETOOTH ADAPTER: IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter (GBU521)
- Video card will be the on-board Intel HD3000
- Use your own USB keyboard and mouse
Using the setup above will get you up and running within an hour. I didn’t even have to play with cutting and pasting EFI strings or searching and installing extra Kext files.
Coming soon, YET ANOTHER HOW TO SETUP A HACKINTOSH POST AND VIDEO!