Clone A Hackintosh Hard Drive
This is the PROPER way to clone a hackintosh hard drive.
I had my hackintosh built with an 80 GB hard drive. The reason for using such a small drive was because it was of no cost (pretty much). I recently acquired a brand new Western Digital 1TB Cavier BLUE hard drive from $69.99. It was a decent price, so I jumped on the deal so I can clone my 80 GB drive to the 1TB drive.
At first I thought it was a matter of using a cloning application and that was it, but it wasn’t THAT simple. Cloning software copies everything but BOOT files. So what does this mean? It meant I had to write BOOT file to the drive so it can BOOT UP!
Chameleon has a GUI installer which did not work and others have reported that Chameleon has failed for them too…so Chameleon is SHIT. Sorry to say, but it’s true.
Here’s what I did:
- Download, installed and ran Carbon Copy. Copied the entire HDD to the new Western Digital drive
- Download MULTIBEAST. Opened and drilled down to the Bootloader section and selected Chameleon (see me hardware below).
- Install the Bootloader to the NEW hard drive.
- After SUCCESSFUL attempt, shutdown and boot from the new drive..that’s it!
- Asus EN8400GSSILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) nVidia 8400GS Chipset 512MB DDR2 Dual Display PCI-Express Graphics Card
I hope this post helps!