Install iPod Touch theme on iPod Video 5g/5.5g
GIVE YOUR iPOD VIDEO 5G / 5.5G A NEW LOOK
Below you’ll find an update video to applying a new theme to your iPod Video 5G/5.5. This first video had a bit of AC/DC playing in the background near the end of my video and the audio was canceled due to copyright restrictions.
So here’s the revistied tutorial (2.0 edition) on giving your iPod Video 5g/5.5g a fresh new look.
[amazon_carousel widget_type=”SearchAndAdd” width=”400″ height=”200″ title=”Apple iPods” market_place=”” shuffle_products=”True” show_border=”False” keywords=”apple ipod” browse_node=”” search_index=”Electronics” /]
This tutorial will show you how to install the iPod Touch theme on to your 5g/5.5g iPod Video.
1. iPodWizard: http://www.getipodwizard.com/download.php
2. Touch Hack 2.0 (5g/5.5g): http://www.drivendesign.us/touch.html
TRY THESE DOWNLOAD LINKS IF ABOVE DO NOT WORK
**KNOW WHICH VERSION OF iPOD VIDEO YOU OWN!**
8 STEP GUIDE TO INSTALL IPOD TOUCH THEME ON IPOD VIDEO 5g/5.5g
1. Before plugging your iPod into your computer, you must set the main menu settings. This is because the background used for the hack has these icons implemented, and if you do not have this exact configuration, your main menu will either malfunction or take you to the wrong menus.
2. Plug iPod into computer, and open iPodWizard.
3. Load the firmware binary. Please, LOAD THE CORRECT FIRMWARE.
4. Click “Write to iPod”.
5. When writing is done, click “Eject”, but DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR IPOD.
6. Your iPod will reboot. When it has successfully rebooted, your computer will redetected. Eject it again. Now you may unplug.
7. Enjoy your iPod.
8. If you would like to load extras, see the readme.txt in the Extras folder for specific directions.