First of all, thank you for hitting my site. I haven’t posted a recipe in years, so I’m have happy to present to you my Moist Meatball recipe. It’s a simple recipe an in my opinion, make a decent moist meatball.
One reason meatballs can be dry is not only over cooking but using LEAN GROUND BEEF. Fat is flavour and therefore your friend. But if your hung up on keeping a foolish low-fat diet, use the following ingredients to make my moist meatballs. The key to my moist meatballs is soaking half a cup of bread crumbs in milk. Another way to keep meatballs moist is by shredding an onion into your ground beef mixture. But feel free to experiment yourself!
– 1 lb. lean ground beef
– 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
– 1/2 milk
– 1 egg
– onion powder
– garlic powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine breadcrumbs & milk, let sit until breadcrumbs absorb milk.
3. Place ground beef in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, onion & garlic powders.
4. Add egg.
5. Add breadcrumb & milk mixture to ground beef and mix together.
6. Take baking pan (see video for the one I used) and grease it so it’s easy to remove meatballs and to clean.
7. Roll golf ball sized meatballs and place in the pan.
8. Place in pre-heated oven for 30 – 40 min. Please note that 40 min. is the MAX the meatballs should be left in the over because you’ll dry them right out.
*if you leave the meatballs in for longer than 30 min. place a sheet of aluminum foil over top the meatballs.